Privacy Notice & Cookies
Salterbaxter Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice was last updated on May 24th 2018. Please check back for changes as we update this Privacy Notice from time to time. This Privacy Notice sets out how we use and protect any information we collect through our Website (salterbaxter.com) and by other means. Your use of this Website means that you agree to our Privacy Notice.
If you have any questions about Salterbaxter's collection of your data please contact the Publicis Chief Data Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
This Privacy Notice tells you what to expect when Salterbaxter collects personal information. It applies to information we collect about:
- Visitors to our Website
- Clients (including former clients)
- Industry Professionals
If you are interested in applying to work for us, whether as an employee, worker or contractor, please see our separate Candidate Privacy Notice.
Information we collect
- Salterbaxter collects personally identifiable information from adults who provide consent or voluntarily share that information with us. This information may include name, job title, company, business email address, business telephone number and business address.
- For Prospects or Industry Professionals that we do not have an existing business relationship with, we may also compile some of the same information from publicly available sources such as social media platforms and corporate websites.
- We never collect this information without first establishing lawful grounds for doing so.
How we use the collected information
The main purposes of collecting Personal Data are to use contact information to correspond with you.
Responding to requests:
We keep a record of information, including email address and other contact information, solely for responding to a user’s request. For example:
- If you submit a question or comment via the firstname.lastname@example.org email address (or any other Salterbaxter email address), we will collect your name, company, job title, business e-mail address and business phone number in order to send you a reply.
- If you provide a Salterbaxter employee with your business card in person with a view to continuing the conversation we may store your data on our database in order that we can contact you.
- If you request to download one of our Directions reports (or any other Salterbaxter publication) from our Website then we may ask you to provide your contact details so that we can contact you at a later date.
- If you are a client, your contact information will be stored in our database for the purposes of administering our existing relationship with you and your organisation. We may also contact you to keep you up to date on our service offerings and for other marketing purposes. If at any point you would like to opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, you can do so here.
- We may store your contact information in order to send you insights, thought leadership pieces, invitations to events, invitations to contribute to publications, opportunities to work together, or other marketing communications. We may also reach out to you on social media platforms using their integrated messaging services, but always respecting the particular rules of the platform. If at any point you would like to opt out of receiving these communications from us, you can do so here.
How to manage information we have about you
If at any time you decide you would prefer not to receive emails or other communications from us, or you would like to be removed from our database, or if you would like to change or correct any contact information, you can contact us at email@example.com. You must include your name, e-mail address, and clear instructions regarding any changes you are requesting.
Where we process your personal data on the basis of your consent, you can withdraw or revoke your consent at any time. Where we process your data based on our legitimate business interests (for example to respond to a query, or update you on new services and business news where you have expressed an interest) you can ask us to restrict our processing activity or object to it.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to see any Personal Data stored about you in our records. We will honor your legal right to view your Personal Data in accordance with applicable privacy law. If you think that any of your personal data collected is incorrect, confusing or incomplete, please contact us at email@example.com. You may also ask us to erase, restrict or port your personal data and you may tell us if you object to our use of your personal data.
Personal Data will be stored by us in accordance with our applicable data retention requirements and corporate policies and kept no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
How we secure your personal information
To protect the information against unauthorized access and use, we take reasonable security measures, such as limiting access to specified personnel, and by storing data on servers designed to be secure. We use a variety of methods, such as firewalls, intrusion detection software and manual security procedures, to secure your data against loss or damage, to help protect the accuracy and security of your data and to prevent unauthorized access or improper use. If you think that the Website or any personal data is not secure or that there has been unauthorized access to the Website or your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Does Salterbaxter share any information with other vendors or partners?
We use external data processors to provide us with database and marketing email services. These include Salesforce, Campaign Monitor and SurveyMonkey. Any processing of Personal Data by these parties is in accordance with our instructions. You can find out more about how they protect your Personal Data at:
We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our emails.
If the services of third parties (generally within Salterbaxter’s parent organisation, the Publicis Groupe) are needed for technical maintenance or administration, personal data may be accessed by these parties only to the extent that is required to ensure a smooth and secure technical handling of relevant systems and in compliance with applicable law, including with respect to data confidentiality, privacy and security.
Our Website uses social media widgets including, but not limited to, Twitter and LinkedIn so that users can easily share content on their own social media profiles. You should always review the privacy policies of any social media sites you use, as their data collection practices are separate from Salterbaxter’s practices.
Additionally, we must disclose information when we believe we’re legally obligated to, or in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding prohibited activities, such as incidents of hacking, misuse, or other prohibited activities.
We ensure all data transfers comply with applicable legal requirements (for example under intercompany agreements with appropriate contractual protections). Should you wish to know more about how data is protected please contact email@example.com.
Website traffic analytics
When someone visits our Website we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard traffic information such as which pages are visited, length of stay on the site, and so on. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our Website based on this information.
For more information on cookies and browser settings, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.uk/managing-cookies.
_gat, _ga, _gid
Allow us to count visitors to our site and learn more about how they use it.
_twitter_sess, ads_prefs, ct0, dnt and others set by platform.twitter.com
These cookies are set by Twitter to identify and track website visitors, and to let website visitors use Twitter-related features from within the web page they are visiting.
For details on how we use your personal information, see our Privacy Notice.