Sustainability Consultant, London - Salterbaxter US Sustainability Consultant
We are looking for a Consultant with demonstrable experience in sustainability to join our growing team in the US, based in either our New York City or Washington, DC office. We are looking for someone who has a proven track record delivering excellent client advisory, performing in-depth research on sustainability topics, and managing successful projects across a fantastic range of accounts in our fast-paced and growing business.
About the role
As a Consultant, you will work on approximately 4-6 accounts with support from a project manager and senior consultant. The role focuses on key areas:
- Responsible for providing research, insight, ideas and strategic thinking based on a knowledge of sustainability, GRI materials and frameworks.
- With the support of Senior Consultants, you will be expected to provide advice to clients on communications and engagement principles across three main pillars of deliverables: strategy frameworks, reporting, and stakeholder engagement.
- A key member of the team tasked with developing a solid understanding of our clients’ businesses as well as general industry trends.
- You will be expected to edit and proofread written communication to an excellent standard (for example, write and draft client materials and presentations without mistakes in a structured and organized manner).
- You will be responsible for day-to-day administration and junior finance (including raising POs, job numbers, timesheets, expenses, etc.)
- Actively contribute to the implementation of projects, support client meetings and assist with the organization of client activities including workshops, roundtables, and speaking events.
- You will be expected to monitor the advances in the digital and social media sector to ensure the team stays ahead of emerging and developing trends.
- Draft case studies for new business credentials and you will be expected to use social media platforms to write insightful content pieces on behalf of the agency.
- Actively generate ideas and proposals for clients during projects.
- Actively works to stay updated and develop knowledge about the sustainability sector and of Salterbaxter’s offer.
You must have 5+ years of experience working with business clients on sustainability projects such as materiality, reporting and strategy. You are adept at building relationships with clients across a broad spectrum of projects. You also enjoy conducting in-depth research with experience in benchmarking, gap analysis and horizon scanning, specifically on sustainability issues. And as a key part of a growing team, you need to have an entrepreneurial spirit. Personal qualities include: Organized, meticulous about keeping promises and meeting deadlines, with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in an agile manner and adapt to changing requests
- Comfortable working in a small, ambitious team within a large agency structure
- A proven team player, with the ability to empathize with clients and remain flexible in achieving goals
- Highly competent in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Digitally savvy, active on social channels and passionate about sustainability and communications
- Spanish language skills preferred, but not required
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
For details on how we use your personal information, see our Privacy Notice.