Junior Sustainability Consultant, London - Salterbaxter UK Junior Sustainability Consultant
Headed up by the Director of Consultancy and Communications, your role sits within our client advisory function. The function works in close collaboration with the client partnership and client service functions, as well as design and production.
You will offer council, advice, insight and solutions that help facilitate sustainable
client growth and reputation, as well as deliver impactful change. You will find, secure and deliver on business development needs and bring expert sustainability knowledge and insight to the agency.
What’s expected from the function as a whole:
- Work collaboratively with the other client functions and across the agency - ensuring the successful delivery of projects and client relationships as "one team"
- Be a trusted, professional and credible advisory team
- Develop and bring deep understanding of the client businesses and issues, sectors and wider trends and insights in sustainability - use this knowledge to build valuable relationships with clients, develop solutions and deliver impactful work
- Stay up to date and continually develop sustainability knowledge and insight, ensuring that knowledge and insight is distributed across the agency - knowledge shares, mentoring more junior members of team and playing a critical friend role on projects
- Find, lead on, contribute to and secure business development opportunities - whether through own networks, collaborating with the biz dev team or responding to client development opportunities
- Proactively and professionally respond to client needs and objectives - instigate, take, interrogate and shape client briefs. Ensure the health and growth of all accounts.
- Act upon the commercial needs of agency, drive commercial management strategies (internally and with clients) and deliver work to the financial success of the agency
The role in detail:
A junior level consultant who through research, understanding, insight and thinking contributes to the solving of client challenges and the delivery of impactful work.
- Limited issue knowledge across a range of different sustainability challenges, issues, systems, trends and approaches and ability to demonstrate some aptitude and insight for the sustainability challenges faced by business and society today
- Deliver insightful research across benchmarking and best practice, issues analysis and insight identification using desk research and social media insight tools
- With close direction from others, support in applying insight, ideas and critical and strategic thinking to successfully solve client challenges – producing slide outputs and response documents
- With close direction from others, capture, synthesize and communicate client challenges, whether than be in written briefs or verbally, to help the agency deliver the right response
- Attend client meetings and workshops, helping facilitate sessions and / or present content within a limited remit, taking notes when required
- When required, conduct stakeholder interviews ensuring that the agency is well presented and that relevant and insightful content is gathered
- Able to contribute to pitch responses, helping to translate research and insight under the direction of pitch team.
- Contribute to and keep knowledge hub up to date helping to drive overall agency understanding of issues, trends, approaches and advancements
- Able to develop and evolve your own point of view to drive the reputation of the business and differentiate us through thought leadership, blog posts and social media content
- Basic understanding of commercial needs and commercial management strategies (internally and with clients). May be required to fulfil financial administrative processes - i.e. budget creation, financial reporting, etc.
- Minimum of 1 year of sustainability experience, with some exposure to different types of consultancy and client challenges – strategy, communications, stakeholder engagement or reporting
- May have a formal qualification in a related sustainability field
Personal qualities and skills:
- Proactive, organised and meticulous - keep promises, meet deadlines and solve problems
- Professional in outlook and a proven team player
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to respond and adapt to a range of situations and contexts
- Ability to work in an agile manner and adapt to changing requests – internally and externally
- Comfortable working in a small and ambitious team within a large agency structure
- Digitally savvy, active on social channels and passionate about sustainability, brands and communications
If you would like to be considered for this role please send your CV and cover letter to Subhani Rawat, Head of People.
For details on how we use your personal information, see our Privacy Notice.